Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Skinny Brain


OK, I’ve decided I have reverse anorexia.  (This in no way is making light of those who have this awful disorder.)  Anorexics look in the mirror and see themselves as being heavier than they really are.  In my Skinny Brain (hereafter referred to as SB) I’m about a size 12 at most.  When I look in the mirror, the reflection I’m seeing doesn’t match up.  What’s up with that?

Another thing.  This week is a good example.  So far I’ve lost almost 15 lbs.  I can tell a big difference in the way my clothes fit and in how I feel.  So my Skinny Brain (hereafter referred to as SB) is now about down to a size 8.  I look in the mirror and that’s not what I see. 

I KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!  SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE MIRROR!  Now how goofy is that? 

Sometimes it is a bit difficult to deal with.  My SB is impatient to reach my 135 lb. goal, but it is also wise enough to know the best way to do so is slowly or we’ll be repeating this again… and again… and…   Maybe having SB isn’t so bad after all.  I can visualize how I want to look and how healthy I’ll feel and be.  And maybe being hmmm… “older” (man, I hate saying that) has it’s advantages in that I care not just how I look, but about my health too.  At this stage of the game that’s probably the biggest reason for doing this.  My Zach will be 10 years old in three weeks.  I’m 51.  I already have the odds against me for spending a lot of years with him so I want to be around as long as possible.

Yeah, Skinny Brain!   

No comments:

Post a Comment