Monday, June 13, 2011

Flat Tires



I read something recently that said if your car has one flat tire, you don’t just go and flatten the other three.  Your weight loss effort should be the same.  Just because you have a bad moment doesn’t mean you have to throw away the entire day.  Plug the tire and move on down the road.  In days past I flattened every tire on the car lot.
Diabetes runs in my family.  I’m doomed and know it, so why am I setting myself up for all of the health problems that I see Mom dealing with after 30 years of diabetes?  It’s like I’m playing Russian roulette, but using a Hershey bar instead of a gun.  Besides the health aspect, I don’t like what I see in the mirror.  Short and cute, but pudgy.  Yup, there it is – PUDGY.  Pudgy is not a pretty or cute word.  I admit it, I’m vain.  I want be slender and have eyes look me over as I pass by.  I DON’T want someone to say “but she has a pretty face”. 
I walked in and met Diet Lucifer standing in front of my office door holding a box of fresh donuts she stopped and picked up this morning.  I admired them as expected, said thank you, but no thank you, and continued on to the fridge to pick up my cottage cheese to have with two Rykrisp crackers.  One my tires ran over a pothole, but fortunately remained strong.  We’ll see how the remainder of the day goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment