Friday, July 1, 2011

"I'm someone now!"

Royalty-Free (RF) Clip Art Illustration of a Cartoon Dog Squinting At A Phone Book by Ron Leishman

Remember the movie where Steve Martin is so excited to find his name in the phone book and declares that it makes him somebody?  I know the feeling.  Yesterday was the first time that anyone has said something about my weight loss.  Granted he has been off work for several weeks due to surgery while my co-workers see me almost every day so it may not be so obvious to them. 

No, I’m not so shallow that recognition finally makes me feel like I’m somebody.  I know I’m special, beautiful, witty, intelligent, and especially humble.  (No comments from the peanut gallery, please.)  But it is nice for someone to notice what I’m working so hard to achieve.  On those days when I think to myself “Can I really do this another day?”, I imagine walking into a room full of people I haven’t seen for some time and watch their jaws drop when they see the result of a 70 lb. loss.  If he thinks 20 lbs. is something, wait until he sees the end result!!

No comments:

Post a Comment